- 249cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine emphasizes low and mid-range power
- Low 30.5-inch seat height boosts new rider confidence
- Six-speed transmission offers smooth shifting under power
- Sporty Ninja® styling matches its supersport brethren
- Petal-shaped disc brakes yield a direct feel at the lever
- 17-inch wheels suit a variety of tire fitments
DOHC 249cc Parallel-Twin cylinder Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design offers good mass centralization for superior handling
- Tuned to deliver smooth, step-free power with an emphasis on low and mid-range power for rider-friendly response
- Pistons feature reinforced heads and strengthening in the pin boss area for increased durability
- Thick piston (longitudinally) rings help prevent oil consumption
- Combustion chamber design optimized to maximize combustion efficiency and reduce emissions
- Ample high-rpm performance will please riders using the full range of the engine
- Intake and exhaust ports contribute to good off-idle response and smooth power delivery
- Valve timing and lift designed for strong low and mid-range torque
- Direct valve actuation helps ensure reliable high-rpm operability
- Thin heads and stems on valves for reduced reciprocating weight
- Fine-tuned twin Keihin CVK30 carburetors offer good power feel and low fuel consumption
Reduced Mechanical Noise
- Self-adjusting cam chain tensioner eliminates mechanical noise caused by a loose cam chain and reduces power-robbing friction loss
- Minimizing mechanical noise allows the use of a freer flowing exhaust for better performance
- Complex construction with reinforcing ribs helps eliminate airbox reverberation and reduces intake noise
- Air filter accessible from the side, for easy replacement
- 2-into-1 system contributes to the Ninja 250R's low and mid-range torque and smooth, step-free power curve
- Slightly upswept silencer extensively tested to determine chamber size, connecting pipe length and diameter to achieve least noise and most power
- Meets strict emissions with dual catalyzers; one in the collector pipe and the other in the silencer
- Using two catalyzers minimizes power loss
- First catalyzer is positioned close to the exhaust ports for maximum efficiency
- Latest-generation Denso radiator offers superior cooling with minimal space and weight
- Ring fan uses a quiet-running motor that also saves space
- Fins on the lower side of the crankcase helps further cool the engine
- Involute splines reduce friction and backlash between gears and shafts for easier gear meshing and smooth shifting under power
- Spring-type clutch damper reduces hesitation at very low speeds and minimizes shocks when rolling on and off the throttle for a smoother clutch feel
- Paper-base friction plates help increase clutch durability
- Sturdy and durable diamond-style frame of thick-walled steel tubing offers confidence-inspiring stability at both high and low speeds
- Beefy swingarm bracket contributes to the frame's rigidity and helps achieve an ideal chassis stiffness balance
- Square-tube swingarm with a 60 x 30mm cross section further adds to rigidity
- 37mm telescopic front fork with firm settings contribute to the Ninja 250R's smooth, stable handling and enhanced ride control
- Uni-Trak® rear suspension complements the rigid frame and provides great road holding ability
- Rear shock features 5-way adjustable preload, enabling ride height to be maintained whether riding solo or with a passenger
- Features 17-inch wheels like its larger supersport siblings
- The use of proper sportbike tires contributes to its easy, neutral handling at low speeds
- Large-diameter, 290mm front petal disc and a balanced action two-piston caliper offer excellent braking performance and a natural, direct feeling at the lever
- Two-piston caliper grips the rear 220mm petal disc
- Natural riding position with slightly forward-slanting seat and wide, raised handlebars
- Styling, fit and finish of striking full-fairing bodywork match its Ninja supersport siblings
- Aggressive dual-lamp headlight design, slim tail cowl and separate seats further enhance the supersport look
- Front cowling and windscreen offer the rider a substantial amount of wind protection
- Two helmet holders conveniently located under the rear seat
- Under-seat storage can hold a U-lock or similar device
- Two hooks under the tail and the rear passenger pegs provide anchor points for securing items to the rear of the bike
- Instrument panel features an easy-to-read, large-face analog speedometer along with an analog tachometer, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge and warning lights
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 62.0 x 41.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
- Carburetor: Keihin CVK30 x 2
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: O-Ring Chain
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Frame Type: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 26 deg. / 3.2 in.
- Front Tire Size: 110/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 130/70-17
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 37 mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.1 in.
- Front Brakes: Single 290 mm hydraulic petal disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single 220 mm petal disc with two-piston caliper
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Seat Height: 30.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 374.9 lb.
- Overall Length: 82.1 in.
- Overall Width: 28.1 in.
- Overall Height: 43.7 in.
- Color Choices: Ebony, Lime Green / Ebony (SE), Pearl White / Ebony (SE)
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36, 48 months